Derry's Tech Thoughts

Derry's observations of our ever-flattening, Web 2.0, information-enabled world.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Energy and Passion

Those of you in South Kitsap have probably heard our new superintendent, Dave LaRose, give his passionate speeches about the "whole child". I think he's right on target, and yes, I'm probably biased.

However, Chris Lehmann (Principal at Science Leadership Academy in Philadelphia) gives Dave's energy a run for the money in this GREAT presentation about schools. Two reasons I share this:
  1. I think the content is spot-on. Oh sure, he doesn't recite a lot of facts, but look into the eyes of any of our 21st century learners and tell me if the question of "relevance in light of Google" isn't one of the filters they're using.
  2. The presentation format (Ignite) is very intriguing... 5 minutes, 20 slides, 15 seconds a slide. I think you get to the crux of what's important very quickly. (Oh, and no, you don't get a remote clicker - it's automatic every 15 seconds...)

Whaddya think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home