Derry's Tech Thoughts

Derry's observations of our ever-flattening, Web 2.0, information-enabled world.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Making Life Easier...

Just a few random updates from over the summer...

Seth Godin points us to Fonolo (http://fonolo.com/learn) -- an innovative service that is too cool for words. (But I'll try... it scans/transcribes the phone tree of a company and lets you quickly skip the menus, THEN it keeps an audio recording of the call. Check out the link above...)

I just learned that Jott is now charging for their service, but there is still a free version available.

And the ponderous question of the month...
I use Google Mail (gmail), and Google is famous for 'ad-word' placement based on what's in the message. Whenever I go into my Spam folder, the ads start popping up with "Spam recipe book" or "Great deals on Spam". Um...no...not THAT kind of Spam. I'd think it would be smarter than that? Or maybe the people at Google are like the folks in Hawaii and just have a real affection for processed meat!

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger sjbrooks-young said...

Fonolo looks very interesting. They're not giving out new accounts right now, but I've added myself to their list for a future account. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home